SEED Ventures holds a Capital Markets Services (CMS) for Venture Capital Fund Management (VCFM) from the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS). Its funds are sourced from accredited and institutional investors.
Our investment ethos
First the Match, then the Business.
1. Match the Market.
- Businesses must solve a great frustration or meet a great demand. Over and above it all, the business concept should not be so novel such that the cost of educating the customer is very high. Marketing is expensive! Unless backed by a solid proof-of-concept, small businesses should never try to educate the market.
- Beating the alternative. Ask the question: would my investor choose my product over a competing product? Would he or she rather do the work himself or herself rather than to engage my services?
2. Match with SV.
- A pitch should be an enriching event, not be a humbling one. In our early days, we were most affected by VCs that were rude and cocky. They did not give constructive feedback. One even had his intern interview us! VCs who do not bother will not mentor.
- Feedback will be provided. Out of respect for the effort they invested into preparing for the pitch, we promise to mull over each pitch carefully and systematically. A written feedback will be sent out to highlight what salient pointers stood out. The hope is this feedback will go some way to improve their pitch.
3. Business is a great equaliser.
- Sales cures all and nothing matters but your will to succeed.
VENTURE + LIMITED PARTNERS
Area of Expertise: Venture Capital Investments
Mr Ian Gan is actively involved as business-competition judge, startup mentor and adjunct lecturer in local and foreign universities such as SMU, NUS & MIT. In 2016, Mr Ian was bestowed the "Institutions of Public Character" award for Entrepreneurship. Professionally, he is the owner of SEED Ventures, a venture capital firm that invests in startups.
Area of Expertise: Crowd-funding; Real Estate
Mr Getty Goh is the CEO CoAssets Ltd, the 1st crowdfunding company listed in 2016. CoAssets has more than 58,000 registered users with offices in 5 markets. Listed on the ASX, CoAssets has raised more than S$48 million to fund projects in more than 10 countries till date.
Area of Expertise: Fintech; Insurance
Mr Arijit Chakraborty is in the senior management of an insure-tech company, Axia Corp Limited as their Chief Legal & Compliance Officer. He has been General Counsel of insurance MNCs in Singapore namely Manulife, Zurich, Tokio Marine and was previously a M&A lawyer with Temasek Holdings. Arijit has been recognised as Top 40 lawyers under 40 in Asia by Asian Legal Business in 2016 and was Finalist for ALB Awards as Best In-House lawyer in SE Asia in 2015.
partners & Associate Partners
Ter Wei Zhi
Head of Operations
Associate Venture Partner
Associate Venture Partner
Zhu Jia Liang
Associate Partner (Media)
Aow Jia Rong
Associate Partner (Technology)
Amazon Web Services
- Official Technology partner
Smaths Corporate Services
- Corporate Services, Accounting, Operations and more.
- Spring Singapore Human Resource Shared-Services (HRSS) Service Provider.
- Official Payment gateway partner
- Official Human Resource Technology partner
- Official sponsor
- Official knowledge partner