FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Why is SV investing in start-ups?
>> Because it makes business sense.
Investing in companies at the Seed round equates to a higher ROI.
2. How is SV different than other VCs?
>> Your chances of being funded by us is higher as SV gets into the game earlier.
Accordingly, we focus less on financial performance and more on potential. Some of our entrepreneurs are as young as 16 years old.
3. I have a great business concept. How can SV assist me?
>> Pitch to us.
If we like your idea, we will invest in terms of cash, mentorship and services.
4. How should I prepare for the Pitch?
>> Have your business deck ready.
It should clearly explain the business concept and investment opportunity. The point of the Pitch is to interest us enough to want to know more, NOT to turn us into customers.
5. What is the purpose of the Due Diligence[DD]?
>> It is a control to prevent misrepresentations.
The DD is a factual audit into the Investee Company to verify representations made out during the Pitch. It covers 4 areas: Branding, Finance, Law and Human Resource.
6. How long does it take for the investment to come in?
>> About 1-3 months, depending on the outcome of the DD.
7. How do I do well in the DD?
>> You ought to be well-prepared.
8. I am not from Singapore. Can I still pitch?
>> Yes, via video-call.
Click here if you need help to prepare for the DD.